Volunteer with JWRC
The National Child Protection Training Center (NCPTC) is dedicated to ending child abuse and other forms of child maltreatment in three generations.
Victim Assistance Volunteer
Provide on-call evening and weekend coverage for the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center (JWRC) 24-hour victim assistance helpline. Please click here for more information. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or 2324 University Avenue West, Suite 105, St. Paul, MN 55114 by December1, 2012.
With help from our programs, The Jacob Wetterling Resource Center, the National Association to Prevent the Sexual Abuse of Children and the Center for Effective Discipline, we are slowly moving closer to that goal. However, we need YOUR HELP on the continuing struggle to help educate communities on how to know abuse so there will be no more abuse.
Our volunteers help with fundraising events, educational outreach projects and general support. You can help as part of our volunteer committee with planning projects once or twice per month, on your own as an office volunteer, or show up to work on community projects about child safety. NCPTC provides valuable information and training for child protection professionals nationally in addition to support for local communities on child abuse prevention issues and victim assistance.
Here's how you can help:
- Volunteer Projects: Everything from putting together tote bags with safety information, writing letters to ask for donations, helping out at fundraising events or going into the community and passing out flyers.
- Gala Committee: Meetings will be every third Tuesday at 6 pm
- Weekly Office Volunteer: Assist office staff with general needs around the office: printing, mailing, organizing, filing, answering phones, ect.
- JWRC Outreach & Education Presenter: Ask for a full description
- Database/Website: Assist with web development, data entry, database maintenance, webinars updates, and server development.
- Training Outreach: Assist with planning events, answering simple questions for scheduling speaking engagements/ conferences, and coordinating trainings and other travel needs.
- Volunteer Outreach/Coordination: Answer general emails about volunteering from other volunteers, update the volunteer pages on the websites, call volunteer list to remind them about events, organize outreach into the community about our volunteer team.
- Research: Assist with research on survivors’ resources, child protection resources, public policy issues, prevention initiatives, possible grant or other funding resources.
- Other: Have an idea? What is it?
2324 University Ave. West, Suite 105, St. Paul, MN 55114